Protecting everyone's health and well-being is a priority. I've been immunized against COVID-19 and do not require masks when treating other immunized clients, though they may be worn if preferred. I follow the guidance of local and federal health agencies regarding COVID-19 and other infectious diseases. Accordingly:
- If you've tested positive for COVID-19, please confirm that you've overcome the disease and subsequently tested negative before booking a session.
- If you are not immunized and suspect that you may have been exposed to COVID-19, please allow 14 days of quarantine prior to scheduling.
- If you're expecting the results of a recent COVID-19 test, please delay massage until after you receive them.
I ask that the following be affirmed prior to all appointments :
- You have not had a fever above 100°F in the last 24 hours; nor do you now, nor have you recently had any respiratory or flu-like symptoms, shortness of breath, sore throat, loss of taste or smell, chills, muscle aches, rashes or lesions.
- Neither you nor anyone you reside with has given care to, or been in close physical contact with anyone in the last 14 days who has been diagnosed with COVID-19 or has coronavirus-type symptoms.
- You have not recently been in crowds, particularly indoors, where you and others were neither vaccinated against COVID-19, kept physical distance, nor wore protective face coverings.
Additional Policies and Procedures
- I ventilate the studio frequently by opening balcony doors and running high speed fans, and clean it before every session.
- Face coverings are only required with non-immunized clients, but may be worn if preferred.
- I supply hand sanitizer, tissues, disposable face masks, clean linens and towels.
- I shower and don fresh clothes prior to working, and clients may use my shower prior to a session for a $10.00 surcharge.
- I ask that clients wash or sanitize their hands upon arrival.
- To minimize impact, I assign specific areas to place clothes and personal belongings.
Consent To Treatment
You understand that massage therapy work involves maintained touch and close physical proximity over an extended period of time, all of which can elevate the risk of disease transmission, including COVID-19. Age, immune health and other factors may increase your vulnerability. You're advised to consult a physician if you have any health concerns. By agreeing to receive treatment, you acknowledge that you are aware of the risks involved and voluntarily agree to assume those risks, and release and hold me, James Mangani, harmless from any claims related thereto.
"We are not a drop in the ocean, we are the ocean in a drop."